Thursday, June 10, 2010

Inspiration

I've had a good amount of free time this week to think of wedding details, so I started looking at invitations.  Of course, the ones I like are all expensive... duh.  If they're inexpensive, it means you print and assemble everything yourself.  I'm not sure that I want to do that for the estimated 250 guests we're inviting!

So I've been thinking - why not find a SCAD student who needs some portfolio work?  They could come up with a custom design.  Then I guess we could find someone to print them for us.  I wonder how it all actually works. 

What do you think?

Also, I can foresee an obsession with Etsy.  If you haven't gone and shopped, go.  www.etsy.com


1 comment:

  1. personally i think this is an absolutely wonderful idea! and you know if any assembly is ever required... i was born to assemble things like invitations. i really wanted to write like such as the invitations in honor of teen ms. south carolina but i wasnt sure exactly how familiar you are with that video. probably very... since its classic.

    ReplyDelete