Saturday, July 3, 2010

I wish!

Check out this story!  I keep telling Seth that we need to catch a break, and he keeps reminding me that we will.  I know we've caught a few, and I'm just not being thankful enough.  So, if you ever hear me complaining, please remind me of all the good things about my life, Seth's life, our relationship, and our future. 

Mom and I both have a lot of free time this summer, so we're tackling about one wedding topic a day.  Thursday was tablecloths.  I'm not joking when I say it took us 4 hours. TABLECLOTHS!  We finally ordered a few that will hopefully be here in time to check at Southside for color compatibility, size, and whatnot. 

Photography is the overarching subject of the week.  I have narrowed it down to two photographers, and Seth and I have appointments for consultations with both of them next week.  We also have plans to see my bridesmaids' dresses, check out some tuxes, visit a florist, taste some cakes, pose for some pictures, and - oh yeah - celebrate my birthday!  Whew!
 
Also, if you were wondering what I've done about invitations, I have a good lead on a friend of my brother's who now designs invitations and such.  I'm pretty excited about contacting her.

 I've tried on some wedding dresses, too :)  Not many, but a good enough start for me to realize that the dresses I thought I would love don't look anywhere near as beautiful as the dresses I barely considered.  There are also the dresses that I just won't try!  Yes, Dad cried when I walked out in the first one.

Hmm... what else have I done for this wedding?  I don't know.  Seth keeps busy, too, with plans, but he also has papers to write so I try to keep the distractions to a minimum. 

Still haven't found a cake topper, other than the Waterford cake topper, that I want. 


I think that's about it...

2 comments:

  1. That story you linked is awesome! I want my wedding crashed by Josh Groban. Or the Backstreet Boys! haha :)

    I'm glad you're having fun planning. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.weddingmountain.com/p-9709-super-sexy-spy-cake-topper-figurine.aspx

    ReplyDelete